Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Opps, I did it again.


Last night I continued my life long quest for the "perfect" vehicle. I returned to my roots and bought another Jeep Wrangler. This one is a 4 door with fancy stuff like airbags, power windows and AC. Options that until last year were unheard of in a Wrangler. So far after 33 miles I couldn't be happier! Could this be the one? You never know, lucky #18 (that's how many cars I've had since I was 15 years old when I got my first Jeep). I do have to say though the GTI has been my favorite car up to this point. I think having that and the Jeep could be the perfect combination. We'll see. Fortunately Jennifer is a VERY patient and supportive spouse. Most would have left me by now! She's a keeper :) .


Just back from Boise on Monday morning. Went to be support crew and spectator of the new Boise 70.3 half Ironman. It was a great race and a fun weekend. I think I could get used to this spectating thing! Jen kicked ass as usual. The swim was REALLY cold and choppy. She made it through that and threw down a solid bike and run. It was fun to watch her over come things that used to be big obstacles. She's getting stronger every race.


The rest of the Ironheads had a strong showing as well. A couple age group placings and some Clearwater championship spots. Like I said, it was a lot of fun to watch!


After spectating all weekend I am ready to get out there and race some more! Blue Lake Olympic and Lake Steven's half IM are just around the corner. Fortunately I am starting to feel "normal" again. My legs are starting to get a little life back in them. I finally have a little bounce in my step again. The swimming is coming back as well. Once I take more then a few days off from swimming I tend to lose my feel for the water. Finally today I could actually grab on to it again and pull it through. I was starting to get a little worried if it was ever going to come back. This is great timing, hopefully I can keep it going through Blue Lake next weekend. Based on last year this is a very competitive race. Even with a significant PR it is likely I won't make top 10. Depending on who shows up top 20 may even be tough. But with 20 plus Ironheads racing it should be a lot of fun. I think that's it for now.

No comments: