Monday, January 7, 2008

Recovery Day, YES!!

Well, I survived last week and am feeling pretty good today. I think my plan worked. I managed to get in all of my workouts (except a 3000yd swim) and I think the cold is almost gone. Saturday's ride was probably the toughest because of the weather. I managed 3:15 outside and 2:45 inside. The outside portion ended up at 47 miles with 3600 ft of climbing. Not much rain, mostly snow since much of the ride was spent on or around Skyline. Sunday's back to back workout went well, especially considering the lack of sleep and quantity of beer consumed at the IH party the night before. The run ended up being just under 16 miles at a 7:34 pace with my HR avg in zone 2 (147 bpm). That last hour of riding on the trainer after the run was the hardest part. I was tired, cold and very hungry. I survived though and slept like a log last night. Totals for the week ended up at 21 hrs which included 206 miles of riding, 34 miles of runing and 12k yrds in the pool. Now today is all about recovery. I have a 2100 yd swim this afternoon and that's it. I decided since the weekend was so crazy that I would take a sick day from work and get a few things done around the house. Murph and I also went up to Forest Park this morning for an easy 4 mile hike on Wildwood and Saltzman. It was perfect! It was snowing and foggy, and very quiet. Murph had a ball carrying around a big ass stick he found in the bushes. He has been very neglected the last couple weeks so I felt I owed him. Today so far has gotten me very excited for sabbatical, except when I'm on sabbatical it will be sunny, warm and daylight at 6 am!!


No comments: