Monday, January 14, 2008

Here comes the sun!

After a much better then expected weekend with regards to weather I am anxiously awaiting more sun and dry weather this week. I am heading into my biggest week since spring and am ready to hit it. This last Saturday was forecasted to be a day full of crap (rain). Jen and I decided we needed to get outside as we had spent too much time on the trainer during the week. Expecting the worst we headed out after a swim. It was one of those days when that big patch of blue sky follows you. We managed to get in just under 3 hours with no rain at all. It was a Christmas miracle.
Yesterday was an 11 mile run in the fog and an EZ spin in the afternoon. Good stuff! This week looks sunny and dry. 18 mile run tonight, 5300 yrd swim tomorrow, and a 4 hour ride Wednesday. I'm obviously not going to be working much this week... This weekend will be a 4300 yrd swim, 6 hr ride and a "hilly" 14 mile run. Oh ya, and some Football!!
Nothing much else going. I'm starting to get that car "itch" again. It's almost two years since I bought the GTI, that's usually the amount of time it takes me to get bored. I still love the GTI, but am ready for something totally different. Trying not to think about it too much right now since we have no free time go look at anything. Also, if I do end up getting laid off I will be looking at having no car... Good thing I like biking so much!

No comments: