Thursday, May 1, 2008

44.5 work days and counting

Sabbatical is just around the corner. It starts on July 3rd and ends on September 2nd. Now that IMAZ is well behind me and I don't need to plan a Kona trip (yet), I can focus on what I want to do for 8 weeks. As usual the summer is already starting to book up. Between races and vacations the weekends are getting full. That's one crappy thing about living here, most outdoor activates have to be crammed into a 4 month period. As it looks right now most of the 8 weeks will be spent training for IM Canada. It will be so nice to get up everyday and get my workouts in with only needing to worry about when to fit in a nap. I think I will also plan a few days up in Penticton to train with Scott on the course. Other then that the only other major adventure will hopefully be a trip to Alaska to do some fishing. Did I mention it's only 44.5 work days away?

On tap this weekend is the HF sprint triathlon. Not sure how that's going to play out yet. I have yet to have a "good" run since IM AZ. The bike and swim have been slowly returning to normal, but the run is just not there yet. Oh well. I like the event and it will be fun to race with some of the other Ironheads. If I'm going to get my ass handed to me I'd prefer it be from someone on the team... but you never know who else is going to show up.

Here's a pic from IM AZ that Melissa's sister took:

No comments: