Monday, May 12, 2008

Long Term and Short Term

As many know, I LOVE cars. Not just cars but vehicles in general. I've always been fascinated with everything from sports cars to 4x4's. At last count I have had 17 different vehicles since I was 15. I think the type of vehicle I appreciate the most is one that was made to serve a purpose. Whether that purpose was to fly down the road at crazy speeds or to climb over a pile of rocks, it doesn't matter. I think my loyalty to VW and Jeep are a result of that attraction to purpose. Unfortunately over the past few years both brands have made some questionable direction changes in an effort to stay relevant. But it's their history that keeps me coming back. Recently Chris B blogged about his dream car (http://chrisbracing.blogspot.com/2008/05/my-dream-car.html) and it caught my attention. I started investigating this company called Sportsmobile (http://www.sportsmobile.com). After checking out their site I found what could be the perfect vehicle for me. Surprisingly it's not a VW or a Jeep, but a Ford. I know... a Ford. But this is no ordinary ford. It is a rolling piece of purpose combined with freedom. Something you can drive anywhere in and live in if needed. This would be the perfect vehicle for traveling to races or road/camping trips. Even day to day it would be perfect. There has been more then one rainy day were it would have been nice to have somewhere to change after a wet run at Forest Park. It is a diesel so the gas mileage is decent. The only down side is it probably wouldn't fit in a parking garage. Other then that I'm sold. Oh ya, it's kind of expensive too. I still need to figure that part out. But when I do be sure to stop by and I'll make you some popcorn in my microwave and get you a beer from my fridge.















Until then I am going to have to go with Plan B. Still working out the details, but I hope to pull the trigger soon:



No comments: