Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Finally, a good workout!

After 5 days of crappy workouts last week I went into the weekend expecting the worst. On tap was the Reach the Beach 100 mile ride from Beaverton to Pacific City on Saturday and a 15 mile run on Sunday. My Thursday 1 hr. 15 min run turned into a 50 min run at an 8 min pace with my HR in zone 3/4. This kind of summed up the week with only a couple "good" points during various workouts since my little weight lifting mishap. Finally on Saturday it started coming together. The weather for the RTB ride was amazing! A little warm, but oh so nice. Felt strong from start to finish and never really felt tired. It seemed like we cruised it, only picking up the pace a couple times when the competitive side of me would take over. It took an 5 hrs. & 10 mins to do the ride with my HR avg in zone 2. Sunday was a an hour and 50 min run from PRC. I was also not looking forward to this run after my last run on Thursday, but it came together. 15 mile out and back up Terwilliger. It was a GREAT run! Warm, sunny, and already a distant memory as I look out the window this morning...

Also, we had to say goodbye to Garren, a good friend of ours, on Saturday as he makes a big move to Abu Dhabi in the UAE. It's an amazing opportunity and I am happy he took it! Jen and I are looking forward to making the trek over to see him next year and to check it out.


What else? Yesterday was our 12 year wedding anniversary. It's crazy how quick it's gone by. Who are those crazy kids?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morning Bill,

I yelled to you during the RTB....we were passed by two different Ironheads and one IMAZ bike with the stickers still on....all you guys resting easy in areo......

We finished right behind you at 6:28.....plus an hour and a half at rest stops....not bad for a fat old man.....

Looked for jerseys when we hit PC, but guess you all left before we arrived......see ya around, good luck with your training and we'll look for you and Jen at the next big IM that Garren runs.

Dale (Garren's Dad)