Tuesday, March 18, 2008

You can never have too much inspiration

Today I was looking around on a friends website at some pictures he had posted from our camp last week. On the top of the page I saw a link that said "Fight MS", So I clicked on it. Before I go on let me give you a little more background here. I met Rob about a year ago on an Ironheads group ride. Since then we've become good friends. In conversations we've had I've found we have a lot in common. One of the things is how we got involved in Triathlon. My journey started when I watched my Mother in-law finish her first marathon. Seeing her accomplish something like that made me wonder if I could do it too. And here I am today. Without her leading by example and providing so much support who knows how unhealthy and unhappy I'd be. Rob has a similar story involving his Dad. This is were the "Fight MS" link comes in. Rob is doing the Janus Charity Challenge as part of Ironman Arizona. I've done this a couple of times before and managed to raise a couple thousand dollars for the Oregon Humane Society and for the Phoenix Children's Hospital, so I know how challenging it can be to round up donations. So if you have a sec take a look at his story (http://perkwire.com/fightms.html). It's a good reminder that there are people out there that can face adversity head on and not use it as an excuse to give up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bill, I dont know what to say man, your a great friend and I'm very fortunate that our paths crossed

Rob