Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Day 4 - Hot and dry!

This morning was an 8:30am 4k yrd swim at the Palm Springs pool. Did some threshold 100 repeats with the coaches watching. I got some great feedback on my stroke that I think will help me tremendously. After the swim we headed out on a 4.5 hr ride. The course was flat, hot and flat. It was a perfect practice ride for the race. It gave me a good chance to get in my aero bars and try to maintain a constant power range. I kept it easy though knowing that we have a lot more riding to do. Everything is going and feeling good though so far. I feel like I am starting to get some what acclimated to the dry hot climate. Today was 85 degrees on the ride but it never felt intolerable. We'll see how the run goes tomorrow in the heat.


In unrelated news... On the way back to the hotel tonight we got rear ended in the van we ride around in. It wasn't major, but hard enough to leave a large dent in a pretty thick steal bumper. The worst part is as we pulled over to get the guy's info he took off. So we took off after him but couldn't keep up. We managed to get his plate number and called it into 911. I'm not sure if they've caught the guy yet, but the CA hwy patrol just called my cell to get my account of what happened for the police report. Exciting stuff.
Here is a picture of the pool.

No comments: