Monday, December 17, 2007

Weekend Wrap up

Dyno-mite! As JJ from good times used to say. That's how my weekend went. Saturday kicked off with a long ride from Athlete's Lounge. We had really good turn out, 13 people showed up. Four of us split off about 2 hrs in and headed up to Skyline via Logie Trail. We dropped down to hwy 30 and headed back up Newberry. That's a steep little climb. By the time I got back home I had ridden 3hrs 45 min w/ 3300ft of climbing. Once home I persuaded Murph to get out of bed and go for a short 20 min transition run with me. It was definitely an EZ pace as he was dragging behind for most of it. It was good though, nice to have the company. Saturday night was low key with a movie, spaghetti and some prep work on the new bike. Sunday was a 4 hr. Mt. Bike ride at Forest Park. What a mess! I don't think I have ever been so dirty, but it was a great change of pace. Nothing like bombing down a muddy trail with dirt flying up your nose and Bob Marley playing on the iPod.













I stayed on the major trails for the most part since it was so muddy. I ended up with 3hrs and 45 min on the trails and 15 mins from Saltzman/Skyline to home. Worked out to be almost exactly 4 hrs. Wow what a workout! I was beat when I got home. Took a little nap then hit the gym for a 40 min treadmill run and some weights/core work. The evening was topped off with an hour of bike maintenance and some stretching. I think we ate dinner somewhere in there too. It's hard to recall as I haven't been that tired in a while. Total for the week ended up @ 21 hrs.

The new bike worked out perfect! The only adjustment needed was the seat height. A 4 hr ride isn't bad for it's first time out.


I think it looks best dirty:
















Here's the "clean" shot:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sweet ride Bill! We need to go riding soon.