Thursday, December 20, 2007

Blah... Here it comes again...

Every year I get to a point when winter starts beating me down. It's like the cold damp moister finally seeps through my skin and moss starts growing on my soul. Wow, that was dramatic! OK, so it's not that bad. This year that depression has come early. I think it is due to multiple things. I am training more right now then I ever have in December. Commuting to work has put me out in the elements more then usual, and it seems like it's been extra cold and rainy this year. Yesterday was the toughest yet. It hit me after I got to work and took my musty damp cloths off and headed up to my desk. All I could think about was how am I going to make it to April? It seems like forever from now, especially with a couple hundred hours of training ahead. Rather then working I found myself on the weather channel looking at the forecast in AZ and trying to figure how I could spend a month or two down there.
But as I sit here and type this entry there is sun streaming through the window and into my gray little cube. It's SO amazing how much difference a little sun light makes. After growing up here I've come to learn that days like yesterday come and go. I know I just need to keep my head up and not let the weather defeat me. Most days when I am riding to work and it's cold, raining, and windy I feel like I am winning the battle. I'm not giving in and letting the dark dampness beat me! Besides, time goes by so fast these days, it's going to be July before I know it. That is when I start looking at the AZ forecast and think "I am so glad I live in Oregon". Someday we will hopefully have condos in both OR and AZ. Migrating would be ideal! Until then, Head up, rain gear on, and plenty of long weekends in AZ staying with family!

No comments: