Sunday, February 24, 2008

I thought this was Oregon?

Everyday I am amazed at the weather... I know that any day now it's gonna turn to crap again, but I think I've been taking advantage of it as much as I possibly can. Last week was a recovery week, which was much needed. After my Tuesday night 18 miler I was toast. With a lot of sleep and only a couple light workouts I was good to go by Saturday. I rode with the Perkins' from their place out through Sherwood, Newberg and Aurora. I love that ride because we get to ride the Canby ferry. It never gets old! Amazing weather, upper 50's and sunny with no wind. Did 3.5 hrs and 60 miles with a hilly t-run after. I had planned to get my swim in the afternoon but we ended up at the vet. Murph pulled a tendon in his shoulder. Based on how much pain he was in I thought he tore something, but fortunately that was not the case. So after some x-rays and a lot of waiting we came home, ate and went to bed. Sunday was a 11.5 mile temp run in 1:20 with some zone 4 and zone 5 intervals at Forest Park. Felt great, and again the weather was outstanding! Finished the day with an ez spin to the pool on the single speed then to my Mom's. Looks like there is a few more sunny days in the week ahead...
Bike update: The new ISAAC frame was last seen in Hodgkins IL on the back of a UPS truck. Should be here by Wednesday.
That's all for now, it's Thin Mint time. I was ambushed by those damn Girl Scouts outside the grocery store this afternoon! I'm trying something new tonight though. Take a Cookies and Cream Skinny Cow and open it up. Place two thin mints inside and put it back together. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: