Monday, February 11, 2008

What happened to last week?!?

All of sudden last week is over. Where did it go? It's a blur! Like I mentioned in my last post I don't want to get hung up on hours or distances covered in training, but last week is kind of an exception. In this case the time and mileage were the result of a great week of training that really helped me realize where I am in my progression. Also, once added up I realized this was the most training I have ever put in in one week. So the fact that I was able to run 15 miles yesterday @ a 7:15 pace in zone 2/3 and feel really good after a 27 hr week is a big step for me. The whole weekend in general was a big mental boost. Saturday I was up early on the trainer then out the door by 7:30. I met up with a couple of Iron heads and we hit the hills. About an hour into the ride my bike started shifting on it's own. I pulled over to check it out. Grant circled back to find me. We pulled the rear wheel off and the cassette feel off the wheel. With some MacGyver like thinking Grant was able to get me up and running enough to make the 12 miles to Athlete's lounge. Along the way my front derailleur cable pulled loose. Also my rear wheel became so out of true that it started rubbing on the frame. Needless to say it was a long 12 miles. Once there though Larry fixed me up and I was back on the road in 30 mins. From there I was able to finish up my ride for a total of 7 hrs and 123 miles. Did I mention the weather? Oh the weather. It was amazing how nice it was, mid 50's, no wind, a little sun. It was a GREAT ride! Totals for the week:
Swim - 10500 yrds
Bike - 280 m
Run - 50 m
Total Time 26:52
16 workouts
The first half of this week will be recovery focused. Wednesday will be the first bit of intensity with some Z5 hill repeats. This Saturday will be another funky workout that should mix it up a little. It's a 40 min run/2hr bike/40 min run/2hr bike/4o min run all back to back. Then a 5:45 ride on Sunday. Right now there is hope for another dry weekend... Just over 3 weeks until the Palm Springs camp. After that it's less then 4 weeks until the race, I can't believe I may have survived the winter!! Spring starts on April 5th for me this year (The day we fly to AZ for the race). After that the weather can do what ever it wants in Oregon and I won't care. At least not until I have to start training again for Canada (or Kona?).

No comments: