Monday, October 1, 2007

Last week Summary

Last week was the biggest week I've had since CDA Ironman. Here's the stats:
Swim - 12900 yds
Bike - 151 miles
Run - 48 miles
Time: 19hrs 45min

Many of the workouts this week had some sort of interval/speed work. So all things considered I feel pretty good today. The other highlight of last week was how my workout schedule lined up with some of the other Ironheads. I was able to do 5 of my workouts with others. This really helps to mix it up a little and running/riding with so many fast people I find I push myself more then I probably would if I was alone. But, I never feel the pressure to push beyond my limits. It's a great environment to train in and I'm very lucky to be a part of it.

Follow on to the Peach Of Century Ride on the single speed:
I was doing some math in my head the other day when thinking back on the Century ride. There is a guy the works at Intel named John that did RAAM (http://www.sabertoothsalmon.com/adventures/2007/RAAM.html) on a single speed. Some of you know the story and may know him. What he did is incredible. After riding only 100 miles I am even more blown away at what he did. He rode over 3000 miles on his single speed, so that would be similar to doing the Century ride that I did 30 times non-stop. Not to mention he did a lot more total average climbing on his route. I can't imagine the mental toughness and strong will to finish he must have in addition to his physical strength. I hope I can do something in my lifetime that few have done or even want to do just to do it. Not sure what that is yet, but I'll hopefully come up with something :)

No comments: