Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The Fountain of Youth

I found it! It's on SE Hawthorne and 29th! Dr. Nathan Pool's Chiropractic office. He specializes in ART, or Active Release Therapy (activerelease.com). Ever since I slipped in my socks on the freshly polished hardwood floor last week my back and hamstring have been a mess. Last week I should have gotten in ~45 miles of running, instead I did 18. Not good 10 weeks out from the marathon. So I asked around and Dave C. recommended Dr. Pool. I went in yesterday and in a 30 min appointment my hamstring is 100% and my low back feels so much better. I can actually touch my toes again. Not sure why, but that's my indicator on how tight my legs and back are. The best part is insurance covers 20 visits a year. So once a week for the rest of this year is the plan. Next is the calves, and then the periformes (ass tendons). After that I will drop down to once a month adjustments and maintenance.
Last night I put my new hamstring to the test. I met the Perkins' at Dunniway and we did 4x3 min hill repeats up Terwilliger. It felt amazing! No pain at all. Even before I injured it I always had tightness when I was running. It never felt good. Last night it didn't feel at all, like it's supposed to. This new found youth couldn't come at a better time with age 34 looming on the horizon I need all of the help I can get.
Other then that not much else new. The annual Ironheads Beer mile is this weekend. Another reason I am happy about being able to run again. I hope to finish a little better then 5th place this year. I've been training constantly with the beer portion of the race, so we'll see what happens. The big question is what to wear? Costume or no costume... It seems too early to bust Wonder Woman out again...

No comments: