Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sabbatical Summary

So I've been trying to think of the best way to summarize my sabbatical. I've come up with a couple ways to quantify it. Pictures and numbers. The numbers are the best way to wrap up the training I was able to do. The pictures below are from my many adventures over the last 8 weeks. It sucks to come back, but at the same time it was a great opportunity that most people never get. This is what I keep telling myself today anyway. So far it's working OK...


So here's sabbatical by the numbers:
Training:
Miles Swam - 39
Mile Biked - 1057
Miles Ran - 236
Amount spent at Starbucks - $226
Miles put on the Jeep - 3014 (mostly to and from Starbucks)


Pictures:
#1 - Murphy on one of our many adventures together...
#2 - Training in Penticton the month before the race with Scott. One of the few places I could live other then Portland
#3 - Chris V in Canada the day before the race. Chris is great to have around when you need to lighten things up.
#4 - The best post race meal to date! The Rusty burger (2 patties, double cheese, double bacon).
#5 - What better way to commemorate a shitty race then by getting a tattoo of it, and no it's not on my ass (but in hind sight...)
#6 - The hardtop hoist project. Much more time consuming then first planned, but well worth it!



















1 comment:

Garren said...

Hey man, what is your plan the rest of the year? Glad to be back at work? I take it you nor Jen signed up for Canada next year? What are your plans? You should come run the Dubai Marathon... :)