Monday, September 24, 2007

Peach of a Century

Sunday 9/23 Jen and I rode the Peach Of Century. This is a 100 mile ride starting in Salem and looping south (http://www.salembicycleclub.org/majrides.html). Great course, about 3000ft of climbing mixed with some long, flat, straight sections. This would be a great course for IM AZ training (weather pending). The weather yesterday couldn't have been better. A little cool at the start, but no wind and partly cloudy all day. It was fun to ride it at a relatively relaxed pace. I ate my share of cookies at each aid station. I rode Jose (http://www.bianchiusa.com/07_san_jose.html), so I got a good workout too. It was fun passing the older fat guys in their Primal Wear jerseys on there expensive carbon bikes going up the hills with only one gear. Most people where cool about it, but there were a few that wouldn't even look at me when I said "good morning". Jen kicked ass! Only the 2nd time she's ridden over 100 miles, the first being Ironman CDA. She is getting so much stronger on the bike!

No comments: