Friday, October 17, 2008

Run

Over the last few weeks I have started to appreciate running again. It's been a while since I have had the opportunity to really focus on it and make it my priority over the bike and the swim. The only downside is the loss in fitness in the other areas. I am having a bit of a hard time letting the bike fitness go. I am still riding, but not nearly as much as I was. Since the bike has become my strength in Tri's I am very hesitant to neglect it too much. With the base I've built over the last year though I should be able to bounce back pretty quickly after RnR marathon. It's good to be a runner again though!
This coming weekend I am planning to get a race in and us some of this fitness I have been trying to build and maintain. The issue I am having is trying to decide which race to do. There is a half marathon downtown on Sunday, but I don't feel like I am ready for that yet. It would be fun though since so many Ironheads will be doing it. Or there is a the OSU tri club's Beaver Fever Duathlon (run/bike/run) in Corvallis. This sounds the most tempting since I could break up the run with a little 18 mile ride. This may be better then an actual Triathlon for me since I wouldn't have a swim to slow me down. Who knows, good thing for day of race registration I guess.
Earlier this week we were in Disneyland with our twin nephews for their 8th birthday. Good times... I love Space Mountain! It's always nice to get home though, the crowds get a little old after while. Disneyland would be so much more fun if there wasn't so many kids there :) Fortunately while we were there I did manage to run everyday. On Tuesday we drove down to Huntington beach and I ran from there to Newport beach and back (about 10 miles). Flat, but great scenery. It was nice to get away from D-land for a few hours. The other two days were running around Anaheim. Not the ideal place to run. Both times I got a little lost and found my self a little concerned for my safety. But when your lost and a little scared the time flies by! Like I said, it's nice to be home...


Hunnington Beach

No comments: